Back to steven-hall.org
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Update Record Options
CpVb006
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:18:22 AM

Groups: Shoal , Unspace Science Committee

Record of updates for The Red Cabinet:

7/07/07

The Red Cabinet is opened for the first time.

9/11/07

New information on the Gold Index added to Negative 36.
CpVb006
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:42:02 AM

10/30/07

Information regarding Negative 8 and Negative 28 has been posted on Eva Signet's MySpace blog.
CpVb006
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:56:09 AM

11/13/07

Negative 8 found. Picture and translation posted.
CpVb006
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 12:05:19 PM

The Red Cabinet re-opens.
CpVb006
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 3:37:10 AM

I've done some extensive (or, at least i'd like to think so) work here last last few days. Most notably, the introduction of something I'm calling A Progressive Documentation of Everything (link here) which, fortunately/unfortunately is pretty much what its name suggests: a comprehensive reference that can hopefully be used to organize and decode the many mysteries and questions The Raw Shark Texts suggests and asks. If you have any input, please let me know, since in this case, "Everything" is sort of a whole lot.
CpVb006
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 5:47:25 PM

Just small things, sadly. I've added "Stories for a Phone Book" the the character list (it's non-inclusion was simply an oversight), and links to the MySpace pages of Eric, Scout, and Ian. Like I mention in a note at the bottom of the section, I'm not sure how seriously these pages are supposed to be taken. My current understanding is that they were designed as a part of the Raw Shark texts web game, by someone hired by the publisher, and not by Steven Hall himself. Therefore, I'm not sure if they are supposed to be treated as these character's actual, personal MySpace pages or not, meaning that somewhere in the story Scout signed onto MySpace and left Eric a pretty...well, meaningful comment. I'm just not sure if this is the case, or simply part of a game that really exists outside the mythology of the story.

Maybe, Steven, could you please clear this up for me/us?
Steven Hall
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:46:41 PM

Groups: Shoal , Whale Shark

CpVb006 wrote:

Just small things, sadly. I've added "Stories for a Phone Book" the the character list (it's non-inclusion was simply an oversight), and links to the MySpace pages of Eric, Scout, and Ian. Like I mention in a note at the bottom of the section, I'm not sure how seriously these pages are supposed to be taken. My current understanding is that they were designed as a part of the Raw Shark texts web game, by someone hired by the publisher, and not by Steven Hall himself. Therefore, I'm not sure if they are supposed to be treated as these character's actual, personal MySpace pages or not, meaning that somewhere in the story Scout signed onto MySpace and left Eric a pretty...well, meaningful comment. I'm just not sure if this is the case, or simply part of a game that really exists outside the mythology of the story.

Maybe, Steven, could you please clear this up for me/us?

Sure - you're exactly right.
Although I wrote Scout's, 'About Me', the Myspace pages were created by the marketing people for the web game - they're part of the not part of the The Raw Shark Texts itself.

S
CpVb006
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:39:34 AM

Negative 11 found and translated.
CpVb006
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:47:02 PM

I've added some new information on Negative 13, which mostly comes to us from forum user Conceptually Yours. It seems this Negative is the one that's been talked about a few times, and existed, strangely enough, under a bench in the UK. Apparently while it's confirmed to have been there at some point, it's also, and sadly, now confirmed to not be there anymore. Maybe someday it will become available, but it is not at the present time.