Back to steven-hall.org
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Flying by or not the seat of the solar system...? Options
fuzzytrunk
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 5:27:36 AM
Groups: Shoal

Hello, Steven. Just finished the book a few minutes ago. Saw the post-it w/ the address and felt compeled to check it out. Very nice one should be able to contact you directly though it could also be an effective conceptual loop answering me and just reflecting back what i think i want to expect to hear. My question is: did you more often than not sit down and write openly without definitive/constructed outlines and see where it took you by the end of the day? Thank You and loved the story and style so much.
Steven Hall
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:18:22 PM

Groups: Shoal , Whale Shark

fuzzytrunk wrote:
Hello, Steven. Just finished the book a few minutes ago. Saw the post-it w/ the address and felt compeled to check it out. Very nice one should be able to contact you directly though it could also be an effective conceptual loop answering me and just reflecting back what i think i want to expect to hear. My question is: did you more often than not sit down and write openly without definitive/constructed outlines and see where it took you by the end of the day? Thank You and loved the story and style so much.

Thanks so much.

Most of the time I sat down to write with a clear outline of what I wanted to achieve that day. Raw Shark was way too complicated to write on the fly, it’s a balancing act of a book and that really needs some planning.

That’s not to say that sometimes I didn’t end up in some new place I hadn’t expected. That happened quite a bit, but I always kept the framework and bigger picture in mind. Well, usually.

S