Back to steven-hall.org
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Blog & Talkback Thread Options
MiaVRO
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 11:00:06 PM

Groups: Shoal

Yeah, i guess so. Especially when you look at the title of her book.. "...Virtual Bodies.."
But, i mean, also when you look at Eric Sanderson and the end of the book, no?
I'm really regretting missing this lecture!!!!
timlarsson
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:53:34 PM

Write to her and ask her to come back? I mean, in a few months to make either a follow up talk, or a re-run for those who missed it (or those who want to go again and ask more questions after some thinking)
UNderstanding Concept
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2012 6:29:39 PM

So the forum has been rather quiet recently. Steven hasn't had much to say which I assume means he is busy working on the next book or has dropped off into unspace or something. I was just wondering if we might see another addition to the hula hoop playlist soon. Also what is the general consensus among the forum members on the negative chapters. Do we think it is game over and that those which haven't already been found are permanently lost or do we think that these might start to surface again closer to the release of the next book? Just wondering and, hopefully, starting conversation.
timlarsson
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2012 8:05:23 PM

Yes it has been quiet for a while, and I also thought about the playlist, it has been a long time since the last time we heard (pun intended) something new on that playlist.
My thought on the negative chapters, is that some of them are forever lost (Or well, Steven has them on his computer probably)... And I feel that a deluxe second edition of the book should be released with the negatives included...
Steven said something about that not being possible due to the nature of some of the negatives... but then I thought: Deluxe hardcover book, with a hole cut out in the pages, containing a small usb memory stick... or something... having all the "non paper negatives" there.....

But that's just my thoughts and oppinions.
Steven Hall
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 6:06:45 PM

Groups: Shoal , Whale Shark

Hey guys,

Yes, busy busy busy - hopefully I'll be able to say more about things soon, but we're still very much at the 'under wraps' stage at the moment. But I'll try to visit a little more often and keep you posted with what bits and pieces I can talk about. We had a problem with the forum in that it wasn't allowing new users to register, but that's fixed now, so we might see some more folks around the place. I'm also going to have a tab at resurrecting the Q&A thread. Post questions I will answer them!

In the meantime, and for anyone who doesn't have Twitter, the following might be interesting:

Unexplainable cat pictures.

Gavin...

...and Eric

Book 2

...Also, there's also been some Raw Shark film news that - you guessed it - I can't report yet. As soon as someone lets me say something, I'll say it!

Right. I'm heading back into the workroom now. The Infant needs me...

S

UNderstanding Concept
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 11:04:05 PM

Cat pictures, particularly a cat with a skeleton and a woman, an allusion to the Gavin negative, and a ghost town possible related to the postcard on the last page. If all of these are clues they are to vague for me.
Steven Hall
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:00:45 AM

UNderstanding Concept wrote:
Cat pictures, particularly a cat with a skeleton and a woman, an allusion to the Gavin negative, and a ghost town possible related to the postcard on the last page. If all of these are clues they are to vague for me.

Not so much clues as statements of existence. :)

This already been a very exciting week, guys. It's driving me a little crazy not to be able to tell you anything about it.
On the upside, next year I'll be able to tell you loads of things. I mean, that - loads.
Sorry for the continued silence!
S
Steven Hall
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:00:58 AM

Steven Hall wrote:
UNderstanding Concept wrote:

Not so much clues as statements of existence. :)

This has already been a very exciting week, guys. It's driving me a little crazy not to be able to tell you anything about it.
On the upside, next year I'll be able to tell you loads of things. I mean, that - loads.
Sorry for the continued silence!
S
Steven Hall
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:59:23 AM

Hello. I've got something very exciting to share...

EXCLUSIVE: Angus Wall will direct segments of interactive feature from Raw Shark Texts author Steven Hall.

I'm making a film! As well as writing, I'll also be doing some directing and steering the whole thing creatively.
It's an adaptation of Stories for a Phone Book, but it's also a lot, lot more than that...

Exciting times ahead :)

S
Steven Hall
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:10:07 PM

Hello, I have been quiet for quite a while, haven't I? Too long, I think.
The good news is I've been making things. Lots of things.
I'm going to be telling you about them as soon as I can, forum.
And, y'know, just being around. I missed you.
S
timlarsson
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 4:07:08 PM

We've missed you too Steven.
asaf
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:26:04 PM

Hurry! It's cold here.
Steven Hall
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:50:16 PM

Hey guys!

So. What shall we talk about?

S
heartbreak
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:53:52 AM
Groups: Shoal , Unspace Science Committee

You will find this interesting, and you will not find this interesting.

"The Stanley Parable is a first person exploration game. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will follow a story, you will not follow a story. You will have a choice, you will have no choice. The game will end, the game will never end. Contradiction follows contradiction, the rules of how games should work are broken, then broken again. This world was not made for you to understand.

But as you explore, slowly, meaning begins to arise, the paradoxes might start to make sense, perhaps you are powerful after all. The game is not here to fight you; it is inviting you to dance."
Steven Hall
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 3:26:54 PM

heartbreak wrote:
You will find this interesting, and you will not find this interesting.

"The Stanley Parable is a first person exploration game. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will follow a story, you will not follow a story. You will have a choice, you will have no choice. The game will end, the game will never end. Contradiction follows contradiction, the rules of how games should work are broken, then broken again. This world was not made for you to understand.

But as you explore, slowly, meaning begins to arise, the paradoxes might start to make sense, perhaps you are powerful after all. The game is not here to fight you; it is inviting you to dance."

Ooh, interesting....
Thanks, I'll take a look!
S

MiaVRO
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:59:10 PM

Hey, any updates on Book 2 or the TRST movie? I totally randomly came across and article when looking into the book I'm reading now. It mentioned the TRST movie and I'm wondering where things stand! Updates please...

Above mentioned article
MiaVRO
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:50:29 AM

So am I right in saying that TRST is 10 years old this year?