Back to steven-hall.org
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

STEVEN HALL CALENDER Options
Steven Hall
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:49:02 PM

Groups: Shoal , Whale Shark

STEVEN'S CALENDER

9th November, 8pm GMT

I’m taking part in a live online book group discussion of The Raw Shark Texts over on the readitswapit.co.uk forums.

The discussion will take place in their spoiler discussions forum. The thread, titled 'The Raw Shark Texts' should appear just before 8pm GMT

Autumn 2009

Jessica Pressman’s piece "The Aesthetic of Bookishness in the Twenty-first Century" discusses the way in which The Raw Shark Texts responds as a paper novel to new media and ‘the death of the book’. The article appears in the fall issue of the Michigan Quarterly Review, which is titled - “Bookishness: The New Fate of Reading in the Digital Age”. I’ve been lucky enough to read the article already – it’s very good indeed. Do check it out.

January 2010

The January 2010 issue of Granta Magazine features my 7,000 word article “What We Think About When We Think About Robots”. The piece looks at robots - from the 1850s to the present day – and at the strange things that happen in our heads when we try to contemplate 'animate machines'.

October 2010

My four-part Doctor Who audio play A Death in the Family is released by Big Finish Productions. The play stars Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Philip Olivier, Maggie Stables and Ian Reddinton as The Word Lord. There's a forum thread with links to more about the play here, and an interview with me discussing the play in Big Finish's Vortex Magazine No. 20

Steven Hall
Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2011 2:14:59 PM

April 2011

GQ
I'm very pleased to be one of the two novelists included in GQ Magazine's first Create Britain supplement, in which they "look at some of the most impressive young talents working in the country today." Thanks GQ! There's a nice little interview with me in this month's magazine (May 2011), which can also be found on the GQ website here. Great be included in this one!

thedoctorwhopodcast
There's an interview with me discussing all things A Death in the Family, over on the latest edition of The Doctor Who Podcast. There's also a very nice review of the play by the podcast guys.

Steven
Steven Hall
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:10:42 AM

21st July 2011

I'm taking part in this month's Firestation Book Swap in Windsor, along with author Jonathan Lee.

Full details are here

Come along for bookswapping and cake!